Finally Home........


 

Imagine you are living in a lovely place, simply full of joy and peace. A place that calm you down after a lot of drama through out your day. People tend to enjoy going to a cafe, resort, or hostel for their short vacation; I admit that I am one of them as well. I love to surround myself in a peaceful shelter, simply quiet with greenery from the outside. 

In Mid 2021, I and my fiance decided to have a house built back in the village, the hometown where I grew up. No doubt, I love to do things differently, I have things planned ahead of time, and follow my imagination. I started to lay down my idea and thought and picturing it; none of my people like the idea at the first time. Let's be a bit selfish here, or I would say "Trust me, you'd love it once it's done!" Applying my imagination to build the whole house actually took tons of energy to convince people who help decide, especially parents :D

 


Later on, I am glad that the decision of the design has been made to a point that makes everyone happy. Commonly, I just need a comfortable place to store my stuff once I'm away from the city, to sleep safely during the occasion of wind & storm, and to embrace the energy of working from home once in a while. We all own a style of living, spice things up, and make ourselves a delightful person from where we belong.

I have been living in a studio-rented room in Phnom Penh for almost nine years since I first came to the college in the city. A dream house to me doesn't have to be large or fancy furnishing; as long as the color alights with who you are and of course, each spot purposely designed to serve your need, that's all I care about. I choose to expose the interior design to the outsider by seeing through the clear glass wall and warm white light. The result finally satisfied everyone; we moved in early March 2022 accompanied by a traditional housewarming ceremony.

 


I am grateful for the strong commitment of support from my family and my future one to make it happen. It might be a baby step for others, but it's a big deal to me to get it right. It's feeling good to finally say to myself, "Welcome Home :D". So proud to finally get it set on the ground like once said, "Home, the spot of earth supremely blest, A dearer, sweeter spot, than all the rest" by Robert Montgomery.

 


Extra decoration on the way including those wonderful frames full of paintings, plants and other object to comfort the living. Life is full of excitement, let's have a shelter here and you are free to go see the world knowing you always have a home waiting for you <3 . Let's see what's next and share with me what your dream home looks like!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I paused - What have happened to me?

Fail early!